Saturday, May 5, 2012

Turquoise and Black Glaze Beautification

Hi!|
Here again, with the part 2 of the spray paint saga/frenzy....

I got these frames at the thrift store last week for 2.99 each and I knew what to do with them: 
Beautify with blue spray paint, a black glaze and put somewhere in Sofia's bedroom ( a pink room with details in blue, oh yeah!)
First, protect the glass with plastic film, as I couldn't remove them
Two coats of spray paint white primer
Two coats of blue spray paint. 
Ready to be glazed. I prepare the glaze this way






Here with and without the glaze. Cute without , gorgeous with it , what do ya think?

Now it comes the fun  part. Last month I found these cute coasters at Winners for 4.99. Couldn't  let them pass, I knew I would have some use  for them .Well, the time has  come, cute Russian dolls!

A canvas sheet ( they sell them at Michaels) . Could have  used paper as well, but had none  with a nice texture
Hot glue the cute faces

Framed them.
There they a rem right into place. 
At Sofia very pink and blue room:0)


Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
Todays Creative Blog






Tip Junkie handmade projects




3 comments:

  1. Nice frame! And, what you can do with a simple lid, girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are darling! love the glazed frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frames, great tutorial too! It turned out really cute :) Tanya

    ReplyDelete