Monday, July 11, 2011

Five Minute Pincushion

HI!!!
I think almost everybody has one of these jam jars at home..if you did not buy or get from your  mother-in-law, someone else gave one to you..IF NOT, please hit  the thrift store,  as I am sure you will find one for less than a buck  (my case:0). I love this one because it is the small variety, like a dwarf glass, very cute.
They are perfect for pin & needles storage and for a comfy pincushion on top.
Gather the material below and I promise you that in 5 minutes you will have a simple, cute small and storage-filled pincushion on your craft table 

You will need:

1. Small glass jam jar
2. Small foam ball
3. Small fabric scrap
4. Hot glue gun
5. Scissors

 1. Remove the inner part of the lid. Now there is a very convenient hole right in the middle of the  jar
 2. Cut the 1/4 or 1/2 top part of the foam ball , in order to fit it through the hole. Grab the  scrap of  fabric, cover the ball, use your hot glue gun to attach it to the foam.
 3 . The bottom will look like this
 4. The top is way cuter, do not worry....
 5 . Pass it through the hole and use the hot glue gun to secure it in place
 6. Ready!
 7. Use the last 60 seconds to put the pins into the cushion and storing the rest inside the (cute) jar







5 minutes!!!!!

Hope you liked it!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the fabric you chose. visiting from tip junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional party going on now. There is a really great giveaway going on with it. I hope to see you soon! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-linky-party-and.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! It looks like it would be way harder than it really is :) Gotta LOVE that!!! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that would have been WAY easier than how I did it! ROFL http://fauxfae.blogspot.com/2012/09/pin-keep-aka-pin-cushion.html I just joined your blog! Please check mine out if you don't mind. Feedback is welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Just checked yours, and girl, it is beautiful, feminine and so elaborated, wow, I love the details!!!

      THANKS for leaving a comment here as well!
      xo
      Andrea

      Delete