Monday, July 4, 2011

Sprinkles Rack

Last week I found this spice rack at the thrift store for 2 dollars and, although I knew I did not need more storage for my glitter, embellishments and little things alike, I knew I should have it... 2 bucks with all the cute little glasses, I couldn't resist!

Driving home I already knew what to do with it!

Next day, straight to the hardware store to buy red spray paint...

This humble and despised spice rack was going to be revamped into a cute and very "necessary"  ( for whoever has a 4 year old who loves to help you in the kitchen, mainly at baking time...get it?)..

SPRINKLES RACK!


 First, I sanded it lightly 
 To  spray paint I like to put the object inside a cardboard box, and always outside..weather cooperated that day:0)
 Three coats later and sanding to give it a worn out look...( my husband ever understands this stage!)



 It was ready for the new colourful new inhabitants!!




Now it lives in its new home, in my kitchen ready  for my lil' one baking fun ( with mommy of course!)
Gotta run and buy more of Sofia's s spices" :0)

Should I write "Sofia's Spices" on it??

9 comments:

  1. Great idea. I need to get me one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK~ I adore this AND I have a spice rack sitting empty in my kitchen !
    Would you be willing to share this at our Weekly Playdate link party? This week's party is here: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/07/playdate-link-party-blog-hop-15-all.html

    Cheers,
    Lori
    Come & Play :: Playdate
    www.beneaththerowantree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! We so need this in our house! I'd love it if you shared this on the Glitter Link party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/07/glitters-link-party-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. The red really makes it pop. Thank you for linking up at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com I can not wait to see more great ideas next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I might even ‘borrow’ this idea for my little girl’s new play kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Super cute & great idea! Never thought about useing a good ole spice rack for sprinkles & such!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute idea!!
    I have tons of sprinkles and this would not only be great to hang on the wall for easy reach, but it's cute!
    I may steal this idea!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I could totally see that being used to store beads in my jewelry studio! Great idea my dear! I'm the newest follower of your blog and can't wait to read more!

    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete