Monday, May 28, 2012

Fun Butterfly Party

Hi!
My Sofia  turned 5 (!!) and I must say she had a very cute and fun party...a butterfly one, packed with...butterflies!
It was so enjoyable preparing  this one (well, always is), mainly because this time Sofia was old enough to  help me and enjoy doing it. 
She  had 8 little friends for games, fun, craft and yummy cake and they all loved!
The day was beautiful outside which is very rare in May here in the island, so we took full advantage of this, and had loads of fun outside.
well, no more talking , let's peek into this very fun day!
Butterflies...much more inside!
Our festive hallway


My ever present tissue pom poms (love them!!) were decorated with..butterflies, of course!
Nets for a fun time ahead..keep tuned...

yes, I cut lots of them ( oops, my Cricut did)!





Helium balloons with hanging paper butterflies made the playroom look so beautiful. I had plans for these cuties, as they would be released in the backyard by the kids at the end of the party, can you imagine the fun?


As soon as they arrived the little guests went to the table to decorate the paper table cloth with beautiful drawings only a child can make!

It turned out so nice that it will stay there for a while:0)
 
After they finished colouring, I covered  the table with dollar store plastic table cloth and it was ready for craft time. A coffee filter butterfly. See here.
 



Now outside to more fun and games:
Play in the "green house"
Pin  the butterfly to the flower


Punch for prizes!
Patiently waiting....:0)
Do not worry...yes, I cut 3000 of these cuties, but I cut from pre-cut tissue paper squares chunks in a package, sold at dollarama, so handy!




This was the most fun ever! little butterfly catchers running with their nets!
Believe me, there were 3000(!!) tissue paper butterflies flying in my backyard! yes, I am NUTS, handout...2 hours of  work, 60 seconds of fun...but it was FUN! Meanwhile, hubby worried that they would fly to the neighbours house! haha cope with me, hubby! See here 
  Hooray for the little entomologists!
This one is mine!
And of course lots of free play, running...soccer oh yeah!
After the games, food!
And cake!

yummy cake made by mommy, not a baker at all but it turned all good, to my surprise!








Thankful parents!
The loot bags...cute suitcases for the girls and insect boxes for the boys



Goodies and THANK YOU for coming pencil butterflies!
At the end everybody out again to release the balloons...have fun first playing with them of course!



This party was for you, my beautiful butterfly!

Other links to this post you might like:


33 comments:

  1. Caiaca, Gigia, tu tem muita idéia boa na cabeça...
    Muito legal a festa!
    Bj,
    Neno

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! Love all the ideas (especially the butterfly catching outside!) Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Andrea, you hit the jackpot with this one!!! Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I LOVE butterflies! They are like my favorite!!!

    And, thanks so much for the sweet comment on my chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for commenting again this way, but you are coming up noreply. Thanks for the comment on my yard sale adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest party! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great party idea. Love the butterflies hanging off the balloons the most

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great party! I love the balloon filled with butterflies that you popped. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a magical party!! I love love love all of the details - I bet your daughter loved it too!!

    I featured it on my blog today!:
    http://christinasadventures.com/2012/06/sunday-features-75.html

    I pinned it too:
    http://pinterest.com/christinasadven/20-below-features/

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3,000! Man, that's commitment! This party is so wonderful. It looked like so much fun for the little girls yet so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that looks like heaps of fun, i love the butterfly catching game!! Where did you get those suitcases from?? i LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loove This!! So awesome and fun!! I would Love to be in the bunch for this.. Thanks SOOO much for linking via Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. Hope you come again this week, featuring ya.. ;)) xo ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS everybody that left these sweet and so much loved and appreciated comments!
    My dear anonymous, the suitcases are from a dollar store, Dollarama, we have here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic ideas!I loved them!Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete