Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ribbon Pumpkins Hair Clips

Start point: The other day, one of Sofia's little friends at school was using this very cute orange hairclip.  When I took a closer look I had to smile...it was a ribbon pumpkin!
Right there I knew I could, I knew  I would make one for Sofia!
Off to Walmart to buy my supplies:

Orange and Green grosgrain ribbon.

Total price: 4 dollars
I tried to figure out how it was made after seeing it only once, but I think it is very much straight forward and simple:
 
I cute one piece of the orange ribbon measuring 24 inches
Rolled it around 2 fingers
 Stitched
 Opened the ribbon 
 Then I cut a 31/2 inch piece of the green ribbon
With hot glue I attached it to the (cute) pumpkin 
 The original clip did not have this part, but I decided to give it a shot:
I used: a wooden dowel ( I encircled the ribbon as above), 2 wooden clothespins and my oven at 350 F for 20 minutes. 

 Hot glue.

Hot glue again to attach it to the barrette 
Done! 

I made another one a bit different, this time instead of attaching it with the spiral on top, I left it on the bottom 

 orange + green cuteness!
First... 
Second... 
Little pumpkin love:)

Linking up  to:

4 comments:

  1. Well now, isn't that cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is adorable. my 33 year old self would totally wear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!!! I'd love to have you join my PIN MEme Linky Party! I'm going to pin it now!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up to party! I look forward to seeing you at the party tomorrow and for you to see my new look!

      Delete