Friday, August 18, 2017

Thrifty canvas framing that doesn't break the bank

Hi!
 I had this gorgeous oil painting that I had brought from Brazil 2 years ago, but because professional framing is so so so expensive , I had it rolled up in my closet waiting for a solution. What made it comolicated is that the size and shape ( long and narrow) of teh painting was a retty unsual one.
Well, I had a light bubb moment and came up with a pretty good and cheap one:
I found a framed canvas at Michael's with my 50% cupon that had the same length I needed , but was too wide.
DARN!
Not so..I cut it to size, reglued it and voila!! Profesional framing for my oil painting for $15!


Length was perfect but too tall
measured and cut

Reglued wood parts


Staple gun to work



Sugar loaf and Lagoa in the eyes  of a talented street  artist in Rio!

💕Andr​éa


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to see this creative art work. This article is about how to use oil paints. Keep sharing your ideas with us. Now it's time to get Vfix services https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete