Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pink and Grey Baby Shower

As I mentioned here, a friend of mine asked me to make the decor for the baby shower of a sister in Christ from our church.
In 3 days, I put together a simple but very cute decoration, I think:)
Not very expensive, I tried to use things that I already had around the house, from Sofia's bedroom and from my craft materials,  or I bought things at my local thrift store and dollar store.
I decided to use a colour combo is , in my opinion very feminine, modern and chic.
Pink & Grey.

You can find the tutorials/details of the preparation here:


Now to let's party!

 Again, I made diaper babies and attached fun info about both mommy and daddy-to-be, that she read during the party. FUNNY!



In the frame, one of my favourite Bible verses: 
Psalm 139:13-14 
"For you created my inmost being; you knit together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."


I put together  a tray with girly stuff , proper foam  baby girl!
You can check how I made the flower ball and mini wreath here.
I used a frame that  I had made for my craft show and added cute touches as a mug and a faux pearl necklace and a doll, all "stolen" from Sofia's room :) 
I wrapped old boxes in pink paper and used grey dollar store ribbon  and doilies and they brought a bigger scale to the decor.
For the water bottles I used grey paper, again, dollar store paper doilies and plastic pompoms, also, from dollar store. Hey, they were gorgeous, and were perfect as the centre piece.



 This cute vase is made with dollar store terra cota vases, paper streamer, foam balls and paper doilies. Check them out here.











I love this game another girl organized:
Each one of the guest got a diaper and a sharpie pen to write a message, any message, for the mom when she is all lone at 3:00 am changing diapers in teh baby girl:)
I misquoted a Bible verse on purpose, like it was in the card I gave to the mom-to-be, I thought it was too funny.

I Corinthians 15:51
"We will not all sleep, but we all be changed"
Priceless!




God bless this new life who is being knitted by Him!

5 comments:

  1. what a pretty shower! i love pink and gray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You , Meghan! I love this combo too!!

      Delete
    2. ps: thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment:)

      Delete
  2. I love that pink and gray combo! Man, you should hire yourself out...and I'm not joking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Pink and Grey Baby Shower it was! Those flowers are driving me crazy. I am really very happy to have these details here. At some local Los Angeles event venues I also hosted a princess tea themed baby shower for my friends and I also used paper flowers for the decorations.

    ReplyDelete