Monday, April 20, 2020

Bible Journaling

Hi Everyone!

As I mentioned in my first post here after 3 years ( wow!), it has been a long tome since I haven't blogged, and I also mentioned that I was being kept busy :) Well, apart from being a mom, wife, working and my craft markets with my little business, the best thing that has kept me a bit away from blogging and crafts in general,  has been digging into God's word. The Holy Spirit has been working in me  for a while now, and has giving me a never ending love for God's word and for knowing Him more and more. Despite being a Christian for more than 40 years now , I have never had such a thirst for His wordl ike these last couple of years! And knowing God means to dive in HIS word, that reveals his character, his plans , his will and his love.  
Recently,  I added  a creative way to spend even more time in God's word, together with to reading, doing devotionals, praying  and studying. 
Bible Journalling! 
I use an ESV leather journaling Bible and the more I use it , the more I love it. 
I basically read, write, draw and paint, whichever I feel appropriate .

Things I do:

- When listening to my favorite pastors online ( I LOVE listening to styles and sermons online) I take note of the most important points and write them on my Bible. ( My main sources are John MacArthur, John Piper, Steve Lawson, David Platt, Paul Washer, RC Sproul, Augusts Nicodemus Lopes, Alistair Begg and their ministries)

- I write my Pastor's sermons main points on my Bible
- I highlight :
--------- My favourite verses
----------The most significant verses
----------Verses with an important systematic theology connecting them
----------Because I LOVE the Handel's Messiah I marked all the Libreto verses
---------- Most Important passages 
- I draw and colour in the margins  ( sometimes pages ) with leads, acrylic paint, watercolour you name it
- I do calligraphy lettering ( very very basic, as I don't know how to do it perfectly)
- I write verses of old hymns I love and more contemporary worship songs I also love
- When the amount of things  I need to write let's say a study I watched with so much " solid food" that I want to see in my Bible, I do "tip ins" - pages that I add with glue and voila! space to write - these can be fine letter paper, vellum paper, scrapbook paper , whatever!


Here some pages. Some drawing are mine, some are inspired by Pinterest pages. 
 This highlight method is from Coffee and Bible Time channel, I have it glued in my front page, but actually don't use it :(
 I use scrapbook tabs to tab important doctrines and  theologic landmarks 
 Acrylic Paint ( but I still can read, I never cover the words )
 Mod Podge




 Tip ins
Highlighting my favourite Psalms and verses


 Lettering verses on the side











 Marking Dates when the books were written













I hope this blesses you and inspires you to spend more and more time digging into God's word and its never ending riches !

💕Andr​éa

9 comments:

  1. Where else could I have gotten such intriguing and valid points, if not here. I have surfed through the net for hours without getting what I really wanted until I came in contact with your blog. Checkout High Income Skills Without Degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am impressed with the information you provide here, is not many that write comprehensive content on this topic. I really appreciate your effort on this topic. Checkout Pure Love Message For Her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this amazing content. Your information is really very outstanding to read. Keep it up and best of luck with your future updates. man cheats credit score 217 points

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog in very informative for us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy Fine Art Bristol Outdoor Wall Mount



    Grayson Luxury is the ideal interior design destination for the traditional sophisticate with a modern sensibility. Bringing together some of the most innovative designer brands in the home interiors industry, Grayson Luxury has quickly become the one stop shop for designers and home owners alike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adobe creative cloud pricing is a subscription-based service that offers access to a variety of software applications and services, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this amazing blog post. I will be checking regularly for more blogs. Keep it up! All of your requirements will be completed without trouble at assignment help pro as we understand the student's need & provide quality Assignment Help Birmingham Online UK keeping your institution or college's guidelines in mind. Contact us if you do not know how to prepare a complete case study. We offer limitless revisions for your work at no extra charge.

    ReplyDelete