Friday, April 24, 2020

Up cycling a thrift store painting

Hi Everyone!

For those we follow my blog and craft adventures over the years, you know I LOVE chalkboard paint and using it in the most diverse way possible. These are a few I have done before, here, here, here, here  , here , and here :)

I had this huge painting , not original of course, ( the base was wooden board) I had got a while ago from Vallue Village, tried to funky it up with oil pen and it was a faaaaaaail! lol 
So it had been  getting dust in my basement ever since. Now that I am blogging again I decided to make something so I made this Bible verse frame. I plan to change the verse every week.

Materials:

Chalkboard paint
Foam brush
Small brush for corners
Sand paper
Spray paint 
Chalk


I spray painted the frame and the painting itself, then used the chalkboard paint with the foam roller



Sanded for a distressed look
Picked this week's verse
And ready!


💕Andr​éa

No comments:

Post a Comment