This year, part from the Advent calendar we do with Sofia, I also had a kind of "activity"Christmas calendar as well. Following my "love"for re-using toilet paper rolls and after seeing THIS at Crissy's Craft blog, I had this idea:
Make little gift boxes out of the rolls and fill them with treats, Scripture passages, crafts to make and things to do.
Well, needless to say it has being a hit!
Here what I used:
1. Toilet paper rolls (25)
2. Glue, scissors
3. Scrapbook paper or wrapping paper
4. Cut out or printed numbers (1-25)
After the paper are cut to fit the rolls, just glue it to the roll. I could have "mod lodged" the whole think for a more finished look, but I did not bother as I knew they would last just a little while anyway, and would be opened in a rather hurried way by the anxious little hands. Sofia helped me during the whole thing...fun!
They sure look cute already, not a resemblance with toilet rolls, uh?
I rounded the corners to make it easier to close it. But this is optional, works the other way as well, just harder to close
With my Cricut I cut numbers 1-25
She looks forward to open them and see what is inside:
1. Crafts :
-Make paper snowflakes
-Make ginger bread man
-Write Christmas cards for my family
- Make a tree ornament
-Colour Christmas pictures
2. Good deeds/things to do:
- Call grandma and sing Jingle Bells
- Take food to food bank
- Save money to Salvation Army bucket
- Go see the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood
- Take silly photos using a Santa hat
3. Bake a birthday cake for baby Jesus
4. Watch a Christmas movie with mommy and daddy
5. Sing Christmas Carols after supper
6. Scriptures on Jesus birth and simple questions as: What would you have given to Jesus as a gift? Would you follow the star like the wiremen and the shepherds?