Yes, I love thrifting and I buy most of my stuff second hand. Just because I love it! Have such a thrill when I find something awesome at a thrift store or at a yard sale. Sometimes I think I am nuts??!!
I LOVE to repurpose, revamp, reuse previously loved things.
Seriously, it has became such a thrill that I get more excited going to Vallue Village ( my best local thrift store) that going to my previous addiction, "Winners". Craaaazyyyyy!
Going to a thrift store is always hit or miss, and what I have learned is:
1. Go often. If possible, hit the market every week.
2. Sometimes we leave empty handed, that os ok, you will come back soon!
3. Look for unusual things, with a vintage looking, some granny stuff looks great when repurposed refinish etc...
4. I am always looking for frames that can be repainted ( spray paint saves everything!) prints that will look awesome in a new funky frame, mirrors with nice details, glasses and bottles with interesting shapes and old pieces of furniture that you can re finish and repurpose if that is the case
5. When buying furniture look for real wood that can be refinished easily and always turns out nice
6. Shoes and bags have to look like new or be new ( at least for me).
My amazing findings this week:
How cute and 60's is this???!!??
Big plans for this cute small mirror. Only 2.99..oh the charming details
There is always room for some Mary Janes
Can't beat 99 cents!
Mr Goodwill Hunting