Friday, September 21, 2012

Revamping a piece that had seen better days...

Hi!
I have a ridiculously small space between my bed and an my old fashion hot water radiator in my bedroom. Because of that it is not an easy task to fing a night stand that fits properly in this tiny weeny space. I had been in the look out for a piece that would fit for  a while, when back in july I found this, while doing one of my favourite things...thrifting!

My dear sister in law gave me that "look"when she saw it ." what are you going to do with THIS??! " 
I had my plans....
It was small and narrow enough and had a simplicity that I love, and plus, it was solid wood and it was cheap!!! points points many points in my chart!
Happy to say that after:
1. Sanding
2.Wood Filling
3. Priming - Kilzn oil primer
4. Painting- Martha Stewart Shark Grey
5. Glazing - Walnut Stain 
6. New hardware 
7. Cute basket

....
... I have a night stand!


I chose grey because I am so much into this colour lately...plus, it matches my pillows and compliments my lampshade..beautifully,  I think!



Linking up to:

Young & Crafty
Craft Envy

6 comments:

  1. I think I have to agree that you have found the world's tiniest nightstand, lol! What a deal! Solid wood, now you're talking my language. Excellent job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Sue, just the size I needed!
      thanks!

      Delete
  2. That turned out so great! And tiny is always more fun :) Awesome makeover! Thanks so much for sharing at my Throwback Thursday party, I hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Always fun to go to your party:0)
      THANKS!!!

      Delete