Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thrifted and Revamped: a shabby piece for a craft fair

Hi!
I have mentioned before that I am getting ready to (finally) start hitting craft fairs in my area with my handmade accessories. I have a pretty good idea about  the look I want my booth to have...if you thought shabby, vintage, romantic, you are spot on!
I have already thrifted some goodies to help me achieve this look.
Some I will repaint, some I will just distress.  I could not believe my eyes when  I saw this piece below at the thrift store!


Exactly what I was looking for  to display my brooches, clips and bracelets!


PERFECT for good coat of white paint (spray paint) and some distressing (#100).
Actually, I was thinking of glazing the flowers as well, but it turned out so  beautiful with just some sanding that I might just leave it like that.



ONE thing you won't believe...this piece is NOT WOODEN! it is PLASTIC, a very hard one, but boy, nobody on this earth would possibly say that! If fooled me even before I touched it at the store!Now, after very little elbow grease,  it looks just like a gorgeous shabby piece. Never thought plastic could 
take a vintage look so well:)





Linking up to:

Mad in Crafts

24 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/natural-coconut-bubble-bath-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi!
      Sorry for the belated reply ...so busy here:(

      I linked to your party , thanks for the sweet invitation!!!
      xo
      Andrea

      Delete
  2. Plastic...NEVER would have guessed it! You have made it just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful - no one would ever guess it's plastic - what a nice job and what a score!
    Peggy @ The Painted Pear

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing thrifted piece to display your wonderful creations! Best of luck at your local craft fairs! I can't wait to see your finished booth set up. It will look stunning for sure.

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am so late answering this...mea culpa!:0(

      THANKS!! can not wait to hit the fairs!!
      xo
      Andrea

      Delete
  5. Ooooh I have a very similar piece {also plastic} now that I have seen how fabulous yours turned out, I need to take the leap and paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I am a new follower, and look forward to reading your blog.
    Lisa @ akawest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS. LISA!

      will gladly follow you back!!
      xo
      Andrea

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful piece! I would LOVE to find something that amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! I am sure you will find one lost in one of the thrift stores near you, keep looking!:)

      Delete
  8. Very cute! You're right, I would have never guessed that it was plastic! But that is perfect for a craft fair as it will not be heavy or dangerous if you display it on a table. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      yes, it is perfect, and I must say, it looks even better live than in the pictures!:0)

      Can not wait to show it off:)

      Delete
  9. I cannot believe that is plastic! Just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again next Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome!!!

      will be there for sure, you party rocks!:)

      Delete
  10. Looks great! I have a similar one I picked up for free and painted. It hangs over my bathtub and get tons of compliments. No one has ever realized it's plastic. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that I'm following you! This is gorgeous! Who knew that it could turn into such a beautiful shabby piece. Love it. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Katie! you are so welcome!!!
      I really love the final result!
      And thanks for following me, I will gladly follow you back!

      Delete