Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rainbow Cake

Inspired by this beautiful rainbow cake, I decided to be brave and try to make on for Sofia's 6th birthday party. 
Fingers crossed, as I am not much of a baker or a chef. But I love to tray new things and I am shameless haha
Sofia helped me full of her young enthusiasm.

I used  2 Betty Crocker white cake mixes and followed the instructions on the box. For the rainbow colours, I used gel food colouring, not the liquid  one.
After separating the batter in 6 bowls equally, I started pouring them slowly to a 9 inch baking pan. I poured one on top of the other layer by layer, right in the centre.


Baked a little longer than the instructions, around 40 minutes each. Leave it to cool 10 minutes in the  pan and 1 hour on a cookie grid. Actually I made the cake at night and only decorated them in the morning.


As I mentioned before, made 2 cakes
After I put them together with frosting in the middle, I started the fun part!
Some colourful twizzers for a rainbow and mini marshmallows as clouds...how cute:)




I do not have a cake carrier . Not to worry. This is the genius way my hubby suggested me to carry the cake to the party location. It worked. Toothpicks and ceramic wrap!
 And here it is!



Rainbow cake and yummy cake too!




Linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. Hey, for someone who isn't a baker, girl, you hit a home run!!! And very smart of the mister, to suggest using toothpicks! Worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah I was impresse with myself too! did not expect to work that well! I made tow, one for a test, and BOTH were perfect! haha

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! You are being featured! Come see this evening!

    www.piggyinpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete