Sunday, July 29, 2012

Distressed Pincushion Jar-ALMOST FAIL

Hi!
In my recent obsession with distressed jars/glass I tried a project that almost ended up in FAIL...
After my distressed masons turned out  so amazingly nice, I wanted to give this new project a new twist and figured out that, instead of using black spray paint as an underlay I could use other colours. The result? not so fabulous as I expected, but,  you know what? It is very cute!

Problem is: the cute little jar has raised fruit patterns on the glass, and I was expecting to highlight those in cute colours after sanding the top layer.
One can hardy see the fruit patterns, but hey, we can see the colours underneath and in the end I like the (cute) result! 


Pink and green first
Then yellow
I made the cushion the same way as in here 
Distressed with 100 grit sandpaper
awww..I CAN see pink, can you?? (please say YES!!)


ok, ALMOST fail, but yet cute, what do you think??







Lovely Crafty Home

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



11 comments:

  1. It turned out great Andrea (and yes, I can see the pink....LOL)
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, thanks Peggy, I can see it too :0)
      Cheers
      Andrea:
      ps: I would love to guest post over your blog, yes!!!

      Delete
  2. It turned out really well! I like the material you used on the top too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debora, it is actually those baby diaper kinds rubber fabric you buy at the store.

      Very pretty indeed!
      THANKS!
      Cheers
      Andrea

      Delete
  3. This is too cute! Thank you for sharing at H.F.I.T.S. blog party! I'm happy to be following you now too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming and following my blog!!
      Following you as well!!
      Cheers
      Andrea

      Delete
  4. Yes it is cute! I like this as a pincushion cuz you can put some stuff in the jar! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! I love it!
    I am now following you. :-)

    Tonya
    http://www.chirpingwithexcitement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks Tonya!

      Will gladly follow you as well :)

      Cheers
      Andrea

      Delete
  6. Yes, I can see the pink! Cute idea! DO you ever run out of ideas?!

    ReplyDelete